|date/place of birth:||03.06.1954 in Karlsruhe|
Studies at the Academy of Navigation in Bremen, Germany
Captain's license and Diploma: 1977
Hands-on experience as Nautical Officer/Captain
1977 - 1986 practical experience as Nautical Officer/Captain on general cargo vessels, heavy lift vessels, bulkcarriers and chemical tankers. During this time a six months training in the charter department of the company J. Drescher. Supervision of dockyard repairing and ships new -buildings.
Marine Surveyor by SGS-Controll Co.m.b.H., Bremen, Germany
1986 - 1990 Marine Surveyor deployed in office and field work/foreign assignment.
Certificate of appointment as seapilot
1991 - 2007 expert knowledge as pilot of the Pilots Association NOKII (Kiel-Channel), ports of Kiel, Lübeck and Flensburg, Germany.
1996 - 2002 holiday relief as captain on passenger sailing vessels up to 120 m length and 3500 sqm of sails area (North Sea, Baltic, Mediterranean, Karibic, South-America.
Instructor at the NSB-Academy, Buxtehude, Germany
2009 trainer for captains and nautical officers on a shiphandling-simulator, construction of an IMO-ECDIS model course
010 foundation of the Nautical Bureau Hamburg in Hamburg, Germany
It is the company policy to be always up to date with new developments and techniques able to protect your interest to your full satisfaction
For example by means of:
- Course of studies at the Lloyd's Maritime Academy, London, UK
- Certificate in Marine Warranty Surveying
- Course of studies at the Alfa Laval/VerFuel Academy Glinden
- Certificate in Fuel Management Course
- Course of studies at the DNV/GL-Academy, Hamburg, Germany
- Damages to Machinery and Repairs
- Internal Auditor ISM-ISPS-MLC for Shipping Companies
- Internal Auditor of an Integrated Management System (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHAS 18001
- Vetting Inspection
- Course of studies at the GMAA - Academy, Hamburg, Germany
- Strategies in negotiation in transport- and marine law disputes
- Courses of studies at the Academy of Sworn Surveyors e.V./Köln, Germany
- Presentation of interests, extrajudicially
- Presentation of interests, judicially
- Product training course for ultrasonic hatch cover equipment/DNV-requirements
- Certificate of Training
- Master license and documents according STCW 95.
- Up to date ARPA, ECDIS and GMDSS certificates/License.
- All sailing licenses including one for tall-ships